At Fife & Associates, we know that owning a rental home is a big investment. You need to work with a professional that you can trust. Knowledgeable about all aspects of Real Estate, Bill Fife has a wonderful reputation and has helped many people — just read the testimonials to see what his clients have to say!
Given all the regulations, legal issues, and liabilities involved, it’s critical to have a property manager who can protect your investment. If you are still evaluating whether a professional property manager is right for you, here are some questions you should ask yourself.
Getting the Right Tenant
- Can you evaluate the rental market to confirm you are getting top dollar for your property?
- Can you effectively advertise your rental property?
- Are you available to meet with prospective tenants to show the property?
- Do you have the resources to properly screen a prospective tenant?
- Do you know what to ask previous employers and landlords?
- Do you have access to an applicant’s credit history?
- Do you have access to the proper legal tenant agreements?
- Are you available 7 days a week, 365 days a year to handle issues? During holidays?
- Do you have a list of trustworthy maintenance professionals you can call on in an emergency?
Transitioning a Tenant
- Can you effectively inspect the property and know how to fairly and legally charge the tenant?
- Are you comfortable serving legal notices and potentially going through the eviction process?
- Are you aware of the Equal and Fair Housing Laws?
- Do you know the legal proceedings for unpaid rent or breach of contract?
- Do you have access to legal council on Landlord and Tenant Laws?
- Do you know the laws governing security deposits and the action taken in their disbursement?
These are just a few of the issues you will need to handle with income-generating property. Contact Bill Fife today to speak to someone about your particular needs.