Whether you’re an investor who wants to generate income or a seller who wants to cover their mortgage payments, renting your home can work well when done properly… and it can be a nightmare when it isn’t. Having the right resources at your disposal can make the difference between success and failure; between profit and loss. Hire Bill Fife as your property manager to take care of the following.
Market Your Property
Because Bill is affiliated with a full service real estate company, he can offer all of these services under one roof. Bill handles all aspects of pricing and marketing your rental to prospective tenants, so that you can get a good tenant at the best price. You can have peace of mind knowing that your investment is being handled properly and professionally.
Get the Right Tenant
You want a responsible tenant who will care for your investment as if it were their own. The key to finding that tenant is a thorough screening process that includes a complete rental verification history, employment history, credit check through all three major credit reporting agencies (Transunion, Equifax, and Experian) and a criminal background check through National Tenant Network.
Provide Ongoing Services
A good Property Manager is available every day to field the many issues that come up with occupied rental property, such as accepting emergency phone calls, collecting rent, handling maintenance issues, conducting inspections, and managing legal issues like evictions and lease changes.
If you can foresee missing out on rental income for even one month (for example, from vacancy or unpaid rent), then hiring a property manager is a justifiable expense. See Broker for fee structure.
Property Management Services
- Monthly rental collections/deposits
- Year-end statements of expenses
- Leasing to qualified credit-worthy tenants only
- National Tenant Network background search (includes criminal search)
- Random internal property inspections yearly
- Inventory of property condition upon move-in and move-out of tenants
- Representation in court if needed*
- Property marketing through Realtor MLS service and Dallas Morning News*
- Available 365 days a year
- Reporting to credit bureau for delinquent rents
- Non-refundable pet deposit placed with landlord
- Qualified bonded maintenance contractors
- Enforce tenant compliance of maintenance of property
- Enforce all lease terms
* Some additional costs to landlord may be required.